]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

TAMIL-T Home

TAMIL-T  May 2009

TAMIL-T May 2009

tamil speakers to listen to a tamil broadcast

Louis Janus <[log in to unmask]>

Tamil language teachers' list <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 19 May 2009 12:43:03 -0500

Please respond directly to Robert Heinze
<[log in to unmask]>, not to me or the
TAMIL-T list.

Louis Janus, list manager.
----------

Besides doing research on Africa, I am working in
a Community Radio station in Zürich, Radio LoRa.
The station is a grassroots, non-profit
organisation, hosting broadcasts by all kinds of
people and groups, especially migrant diasporas
in Zürich. Broadcasting in 17 different
languages, our main focus is on producing an
intercultural program to enable exchange between
all the different people and cultures in
Zürich, and to give migrant groups in Zürich a
voice, the possibility to talk about their
experiences and problems, and to reach a wider
public.
For several years now, there are two programmes
in Tamil on Radio LoRa, produced by L.T.T.E. and
another Tamil organisation (Which have a rather
conflict-ridden relationship towards each other).
As for the last months, the situation in the war
zone in Sri Lanka got worse and worse, we think
that it's necessary to listen in to the
broadcasts to have an update on the programme
content.

As we have several standards that have to be met
to be able to broadcast (i.e. no calls for
violence, no sexism, racism,
antisemitism), we usually listen to the
broadcasts regularly. Unfortunately we could not
find any Tamil-speaking person who is not
affiliated with the broadcasts and their
producers. That's why I'm asking the list for
help:

Is there any Tamil speaking person on the list
who would be willing to listen to two one-hour
broadcasts (one by each group) in Tamil and
give a short description of its content? We would
be very grateful for the support.

Thanks,
Robert Heinze