MOU-RBA Archives

June 2009

From:
Liz Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liz Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:21:49 -0600
I was out at Afton State Park today and heard and saw what I believe to be a
1st spring Summer Tanager.  Unfortunately, I was out running, not birding.
Is there anyone that frequently birds Afton that can check on this??  I was
following the Afton trail race course (see link below) and the bird was
singing away just off of the trail west of where the course rejoins the
Africa loop after the Back 40 loop.

http://www.aftontrailrun.com/PDF_Files/course_map/2008_Afton_Map_Web.pdf

Thanks.

While you are out there, stop by and see (well, listen to) the Henslow's
Sparrows along the top of the Africa loop (usually hear 2-3 calling).

Liz