MOU-RBA Archives

July 2009

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 2009 09:07:45 -0600
Both Snowy Egrets were foraging together (quite actively, may I add) at
Purgatory Creek this morning, July 5th, at 8am. (Eden Prairie, Hennepin Co.)
They stuck to the west edge of the large mudflat.

A scope is a necessity, although from the distance I could make them out due
to their tiny size. And remember, if you're going in the morning, view from
the bridge on the east side; if you're going in the evening, view from the
observation deck (aka "blind") on the west side.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.