MOU-RBA Archives

July 2009

From:
roy zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
roy zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 2009 20:14:46 -0600
Vic Lewis, Bill Brown, and I went out for a few hours this morning looking for some of the recently reported birds.  56 species in a a short three hour outing.

At Purgatory Creek there were two snowy egrets, about 75 pelicans, Caspian terns, least sandpipers, lesser yellowlegs, etc.

At Old Cedar Avenue Bridge we did not find the cattle egret.

At Randolph, MN, Dakota County, (thanks to detailed directions from Steve Weston) we had great looks at dickcissels and western meadowlarks.