MOU-RBA Archives

November 2009

From:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:56:14 -0700
Attached are my photos from today. Lighting was very tricky, because not
only was the sky very overcast, but the air was dense with cool moisture,
and so conditions were tough... Enjoy the photos!

Slaty-backed Gull
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/119356789
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/119356791
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/119356792
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/119356793
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/119356794
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/119356795
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/119356796
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/119356798

I am new to hybrid gulls, and in my past email when I was tallying up the
total numbers of votes per species on the gull, I associated Nelson's Gull
with the wrong hybrid gull... Nelson's Gull is a Glaucous Gull x Herring
Gull hybrid. The Glaucous-winged Gull x Herring Gull hybrid still leads with
the most votes for the gull in these photos. Tomorrow I'll hopefully get the
details down about this bird!

Gull species?
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/gull_id

Good birdwatching,
Erik Bruhnke

Duluth, MN
NATURALLY AVIAN - Guided bird hikes and bird photography
www.pbase.com/birdfedr/naturallyavian