MOU-RBA Archives

December 2009

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Laura Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:05:07 -0700
Janet Riegle and I saw the Black-headed Grosbeak this morning about 8:30 and
again about 12:15. We saw it in both the roofed feeders. Robins,
White-winged Crossbills, and Cedar Waxwings galore, and the Common Grackle,
as well as the usual suspects.

Best, Laura Erickson
--
Laura Erickson
Science Editor

For the love, understanding, and protection of birds

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.  There
is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature--the
assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

--Rachel Carson