WEBSTANDARDS Archives

March 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Brian Hayden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:12:18 -0600
On Mar 2, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Kristofer Layon wrote:

> I just got a call from the AEA event manager, and she said that for
> whatever reason (robust email defense of some kind), the
> confirmation and receipt emails from An Event Apart to staff at the
> U of M who are registering for AEA in Mpls (July 26-27) are bouncing
> instead of hitting their targets.

The bounce message on all of these should explain what the problem is
(such as broken reverse DNS). Did they mention whether they've tried
to address it? I'm curious because the U doesn't have any magical-
mystical ultra-aggressive blocking criteria... if we're bouncing them
they can be guaranteed many others are too, for the same reasons.

-Brian