MOU-RBA Archives

April 2010

From:
SCOTT M CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SCOTT M CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:05:10 -0600
Although a very late post I hope an interesting find, on Friday April 23, 2010 my wife Marilyn and I decided to do a day of birding prior to the official Salt Lake Saturday event.  At around noon we were fortunate to see a flock of 15 white-faced ibises. The location was no more than  a half-mile south of the Big Stone Wildlife Refuge office on County Rd 19 transferring into County 15( location was in Lac Qui Parle County). The area was on the west side of the road which was a flooded field. A loud car flushed the birds ( even thought they were 200 yards out ) and they flew overhead and then returned for great scope looks at the same location that they started from. This was one of those great birding moments. Unfortunately, I ran into only one other birder who saw the flock and they were not relocated on Saturday.  Scott