MOU-RBA Archives

May 2010

From:
Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 18:07:37 -0600
Hi all,
  Around 3 pm, I returned to the spot where I had the Kentucky Warbler this morning. It's not normally my style, but I was armed with a recording of its song in an attempt to verify its identity by sight. I first gave the bird some time to sing on its own. Although many birds were still singing in spite of the wind, I did not hear the Kentucky. I sparingly played the song for several minutes with no response or reaction.

  I will be birding River Bend again in the morning and will definitely visit this spot again in hopes of relocating the bird.

  I just thought I would share that the bird hasn't been refound (yet), and if anyone is planning on traveling here tomorrow, you may want to try plan B for now...

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN