WEBSTANDARDS Archives

June 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

Sender:
UofMN CSS Web Development <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Peter Wiringa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:31:57 -0500
Here's the compilation of responses I received regarding image
sizes. Thanks to the those who contributed.

 From three units and one large project, we've identified 21
different image sizes. Details are attached. One breakdown:

* 3 banners
* 3 squares
* 4 verticals
* 7 horizontals
* 4 variable (resized images with a max length for the longer side)

I'll leave you to divine what you need from the attached. Suffice it
to say, other than our likes for aspect ratios like 4:3, 3:2 and
16:9, there wasn't much in the way of alignment, although some of
the sizes are awful close.

--
Peter Wiringa
Electronic Communications

"I gotta hold on to my angst. I preserve it because I need it. It
keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I gotta be." - V. Hanna