MOU-RBA Archives

July 2010

From:
Karl Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:06:51 -0600
My wife and I were surprised to find a Whimbrel at the Jirik Sod Farm today
(7-28-10) at about 12:30. The bird stood out among the other shorebirds with
its larger size and long decurved bill, as well as it overall drab plumage
and crown stripes.

During the short time we were there we were unable to refind the
buff-breasted sandpiper, although another birder there had seen one before
we arrived. Some of the good habitat is quite far from the road and even
with a scope many of the birds there were too distant to identify.

Karl Roe