MOU-RBA Archives

July 2010

From:
"Williams, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Williams, Bob
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:18:29 -0600
Unfortunately the adult Common Moorhen disappeared into the cattails
before Doug Kieser could get there and did not reappear.  There is also
a public access to the lake off of Hwy 15, but at that hour the sun was
in the wrong location for good viewing.  In the morning it might be a
good place to start.  I would greatly appreciate any additional info
about this species at this location as it is in one of my priority
blocks for the MN Breeding Bird Atlas.  This location has also had
Black-crowned Night-Herons, adult and/or immature birds, every time that
I have visited this season.
Bob Williams