MOU-RBA Archives

August 2010

From:
Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2010 12:52:21 -0600
Hi everyone,
  I counted 12 Buff-breasted Sandpipers at the Wagner Sod Farm east of Faribault today around noon. This sod farm is located on the NW corner of the intersection of Ibson Ave. and Hwy. 60. Said intersection is approximately 6.5 miles east of the Faribault city limits. I believe that this is the fourth year in a row that BBSA's have been found here. I also get American Golden Plovers here as well, but this year I have not seen any yet. The BBSA's were in the grass on the northern end of the field.

  On another note, I am excited for the warblers everyone has been seeing, but River Bend Nature Center has been terrible. I have made two outings there within the last couple of days and have not seen any warblers, and for that matter, hardly any birds, period! Neither outing was in the morning, however, which probably contributes to my birding woes.

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN