MOU-RBA Archives

August 2010

From:
Shawn Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2010 09:27:57 -0600
Sorry for the delayed report, I had limited internet access this week.

On 8/3, I found an Acadian Flycatcher singing at Beaver Creek Valley State
Park at the end of the tent campground road.  There was a Lousiana
Waterthrush singing near that road where the RV sites end.  As I camped at
that end tent site, I also heard a Barred Owl on and off during the night.

Additionally, on 8/3, I found 3 Tufted Titmice at the scenic overlook just
outside of Rushford on 30.

On 8/2, I could not find Common Moorhen at the sites in McCleod or Sibley
counties, but there were a couple of Black-crowned Night-Herons at Sand Lake
in Sibley as well as a few Black Terns at the Gaylord sewage ponds.

Other than that, birding was kind of slowish.  Dickcissels at the Medelia
sewage ponds (Watonwan) and Willow Flycatcher at Walnut WMA (Faribault),
both on 8/2, were other highlights.  The Jirik sod farms were absolutely
dead yesterday afternoon.

--
Shawn Conrad
www.itascacnfbirding.com