MOU-RBA Archives

September 2010

From:
Linda Sparling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Sparling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2010 02:47:03 -0600
Thanks to Steve and Jo Blanich for their quick post of the Little Gull they found this morning and to their generosity in meeting me at the ponds to let me through the gates this afternoon.  We had terrific looks at this juvenile Little Gull as it swam with Bonaparte's Gulls.  We had nice size comparisons and good looks at the dark, scaled appearance of the back, the small bill; crisp, dark cheek circles and small dark cap.  The bird did not fly while we were there, but did fly earlier for the Blaniches.  We observed the bird from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m.  I have identifiable photos to commemorate the occasion.

Thanks again to Steve and Jo!

Linda Sparling (Still giddy over getting great looks at a life, state, MN, year, county and last of the MN regular species bird.)