MOU-RBA Archives

November 2010

From:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 20:28:01 -0700
Around 2:00 this afternoon, I found a White-eyed Vireo in Lac Qui Parle
County.  Coming into Lac Qui Parle County from Chippewa County on Hwy 40
(which splits Lac Qui Parle Lake), take the 1st right on CR66.  Almost
immediately you will come to a home on your right, almost completely hidden
by evergreens and cedars.  I stopped here to check for Purple Finches (I
didn't find any), but was puzzled when I caught a glimpse of a small
green-backed bird with a yellow belly in the cedars to the left of the
driveway.  Eventually I did get a good look at the yellow spectacles,
olive-green back, white wing bars, and a yellow belly.  I initially thought
it was a Yellow-throated Vireo, but knew something didn't look right, and a
quick check in my Sibley reminded me a Yellow-throated Vireo would have a
white belly.

Herb Dingmann