MOU-RBA Archives

November 2010

From:
linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 21:19:09 -0600
The Long-tailed Duck on Lake Vadnais was seen in the SE part of the
lake by another birder shortly before we entered the causeway road
around 2:15. However, we noticed some Golden-eyes flying north on the
east side of the lake, and thought to check and see if the LTDU was
among them. Apparently so; it appeared on the northwest side of the
lake shortly thereafter, giving good looks from the causeway. It was
still there when we departed for our walk at 3:30.
Also present on the lake with the many Ring-necked Ducks and some
Scaup, were at least 5 Redheads, a pair of Canvasbacks, and a pair of
Trumpeter Swans. A young loon put in one very brief appearance and was
not seen again.
Linda Whyte