MOU-RBA Archives

November 2010

From:
Jason Caddy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Caddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:23:23 -0700
I looked for the Townsend's Solitaire today around 10:00am-12:15pm with no luck. It was by no means a waste of time because there was a lot of other birds on the lakes. The cedars did have groups of Cedar Waxwings eating berries but I could not pick out the solitaire. All of the other birds in the area were very active and fun to watch. Here are some of the other birds present:
Gadwall- 2
Canvasback- several
Common Goldeneye- several
Ring-necked Duck- several hundred
Hooded Merganser- over 100 I observed many with fish in their bills.
Bald Eagle- 1 juvenile
Red-winged Blackbird- 1
Common Loon- 2 Foraging together and one of them called.
Trumpeter Swan- 12 I'm assuming that they were this species. The bill on the juvenile birds had a black base.
American Coot- 1

Good Birding,
Jason Caddy
South Minneapolis