WEBSTANDARDS Archives

November 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Debbie Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:52:19 -0600
The CSE Web Developers Group is an organization aimed at bringing
together software developers at the U to share experience and expertise
in web application development.  We originally started as a group for
the College of Science and Engineering, but we are looking to expand the
group by opening it up to the University community.  We have had a few
successful meetings and we would like to find more participants to make
the group more effective.

This group is not meant to compete with what is already offered by the
Web Standards group or Net-people, although the content may be of
interest to some of the members of those groups as well.  I see this
group as a great opportunity to share experience with tools and best
practices of software engineering, whether that be a discussion of
frameworks, version control, testing, security, etc. Other topics could
include University specific needs, such as how to support the web
presence needs of research groups, how to integrate with University
solutions such as data warehouse, or just a showcase of custom
applications groups are currently implementing.

If you are interested in getting involved and have not already signed up
for our mailing  list, please visit
http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=CSE-WEBDEV&A=1

If you are interested in helping shape and clarify the direction of this
group or if you have suggestions for future topics, please contact me
off list.

--
Debbie Gillespie
Systems Staff