WEBSTANDARDS Archives

December 2010

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Kristofer Layon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2010 13:33:45 -0600
Wendy,

There is one fairly significant limitation with using a Google form to feed to a spreadsheet for an event registration: you can't set a maximum registration and have the form close automatically when the event is full.  Other than that, it is a great tool.  I especially like that you can set the form to email you with each form submittal, so that you are aware of the form's activity.

And you could arguably use that feature to monitor an event registration and manually deactivate the form when it's full.  Except that if it fills while you're not online, you're out of luck.  =(

Kris

Kristofer D. Layon
Web Design & Social Media
612.624.4545  :  http://z.umn.edu/klayon  :  http://twitter.com/klayon
Office of the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
http://www.academic.umn.edu/system/communications/