MOU-RBA Archives

January 2011

From:
Karl Bardon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karl Bardon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:42:26 -0700
I found an adult male Barrow's Goldeneye along the North Shore of Lake Superior
adjacent to the Lakewood Road, St. Louis County this evening with 124 Common
Goldeneyes. Since most of Lake Superior was frozen in Duluth, I decided to head
up the shore a bit to see if birds were concentrated any place else (to which I
would have to answer yes, since this is a large number of goldeneyes for any
location along the shore away from town in winter). This may be the same bird
that has wintered in Duluth the last two winters (2008-2009 and 2009-2010) but
after what was presumably this same bird returned to Duluth on 12-13 November
2010 for a third consecutive fall, there had been no subsequent reports...

Karl Bardon
Duluth, MN