MOU-RBA Archives

January 2011

From:
linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:09:07 -0700
Thank you, to those who sent and relayed posts about the Snowy Owl in
Northfield. The timely, specific directions made it possible to enjoy
a very lovely and cooperative bird, this mid-afternoon. It was perched
and basking at the top of a large spruce, right on the south side of
19 where it intersects with CR 59. (If it helps anyone, this is east
of Northfield.) The Snow Bunting flock had apparently quit harassing
it; they had blown past us on 19 before we reached the owl.
We also searched for the flock of 10 or so Hungarian Partridge which
had just been seen in Randolph Industrial Park. We found their tracks,
but not the birds. A flock spotted up toward Lewiston, proved to be
Horned Larks.

Linda Whyte