WEBSTANDARDS Archives

January 2011

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
"Aaron J. Zirbes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:16:33 -0600
[Apologies to those of you receiving multiple copies of this announcement; this will be the only
meeting announcement cross-posted to multiple lists.]

I write to invite you to the inaugural meeting of Code People on Feb 3, 2011, 9:30–11:00 a.m. at
Walter Library room 402. If you plan to attend, *please RSVP* at http://z.umn.edu/2di so that we
have some idea how many people are coming.

Code People is a newly created collaborative group for University of Minnesota application
developers to get together to network and share programming experiences, techniques and knowledge to
strengthen our ability to code, and who have a strong desire to learn new technologies, standards
and best practices to better our work and benefit the University community. Meeting topics will
include programming languages and frameworks, mobile and web development, databases, security,
scripting, and other related and evolving technologies.

If you're interested in this new group, please join our listserv (details below).

*Details*
Time: 1st Thursday of every month, 9:30–11:00 a.m.
Location: 402 Walter Library (unless announced otherwise)
Listserv: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> (subscribe
at http://z.umn.edu/2dk)

*Topics for February*
* Introducing Code People, group direction, results of topics survey — Code People joint committee
* Groovy on Grails — Aaron J. Zirbes