MOU-RBA Archives

May 2011

From:
G Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
G Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 22:55:32 -0600
I recall seeing a few reports of summer tanagers over the last couple weeks.
I found images of a SUTA male on my camera from Sherburne NWR on May 15,
2011.  I had forgotten taking the pictures and I assumed it was a SCTA
(between better photos of CSWA and LEFL), but a few days later at Miss Blvd
in St Paul, I saw a male (and female) scarlet tanager.  I waited for the
male to face me and when he did I realized there was no black on the front
of the wing showing on my photos (frontal view).  The black wrist and
metacarpals should have been visible.  (The tail in the photos was hidden
altogether behind the body.)

If anyone is tracking SUTAs in MN this year, this report is available.

GAndersson

St Paul