MOU-RBA Archives

May 2011

From:
Kim R Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim R Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2011 17:01:57 -0600
At Park Point in Duluth this morning, 3 Red-throated Loons were seen
on the Lake Superior side of Park Point: 1 of these seen from the 12th
St access and 2 sighted from the Lafayette Square / 31st St access.
Also, a N Mockingbird was observed by Peder Svingen and me at the Park
Pojnt Recreation Area, just S of the bath house building.

There were still 25 warbler species present at Park Point today. The
same species reported yesterday were seen, with Pine Warbler again not
being seen by anyone. (There are 26 species which regularly migrant
through Duluth, and Pine is typically not found during mid- and late
May warbler waves since it migrates earlier.) I personally saw 24
species, including Black-throated Blue and Connecticut, missing only
Orange-crowned and Pine. The most productive area was in the vicinity
of the bus turn-around at 43rd St, including Southworth Marsh just to
the N of 43rd St.

Peder was still at Park Point when I left at 4:30, so he (or others)
may have an update to this report later.

Kim Eckert
http://www.mbwbirds.com