MOU-RBA Archives

May 2011

From:
"Gelvin-Innvaer, Lisa A" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gelvin-Innvaer, Lisa A (DNR)
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 12:01:08 -0600
Great to hear that whooping cranes are showing up again!

The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service asks that folks report their sightings online at.

http://www.fws.gov/midwest/whoopingcrane/sightings/sightingform.cfm

They also remind us that when we're are lucky enough to see whooping cranes, please do not approach them closely, even in a vehicle, to avoid habituating the birds to human presence. Habituation is one of the greatest dangers that whooping cranes face because it puts them at greater risk from vehicle collisions, predation, and illegal shooting.

Thanks,
Lisa Gelvin-Innvaer