MOU-RBA Archives

May 2011

From:
Tom Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 14:59:38 -0600
Just before 3pm today (5/11/11), I photographed a Black Vulture in North Oaks.  The bird was eating a road-killed turtle, and it hung around while I took pictures and a video with a small camera (Canon Digital Elph).

Three pictures of the bird standing, as well as a video of the bird flying, are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomnelson6/sets/72157626575010633/

The bird was hanging around with at least four Turkey Vultures, and was still visible at 3:16 pm.  The bird was on private property; if you'd like to try to see it this evening, please email me.

Regards,
Tom Nelson