CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2011

From:
Sudipta Maiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:24:18 +0630

One of my students wrote a C program a few years ago which did autocorrelation
(I think using a 'multiple Tau' algorithm), taking data from a digital
counter, and was reasonably fast. If you are interested, please contact me off
the list.
Sudipta
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:40:26 -0700, David Baddeley wrote

> It's been a while since I used matlab, but the other classic way to
> speed up correlation is to use FFTs  - ie: corr =
> ifftshift(real(ifft(fft(x)*fft(flipud(x)))))
>
> you can also replace fft(flipud(x)) with ifft(x) (subject to
> normalisation), which will avoid a couple of memory allocations.
>
> this method should be significantly faster (O(nlogn)) than a
> standard correlation (O(n^2)), but you might need to mess around a
> bit with normalisation and cut out just the bit of the curve
> corresponding to +ve lags.
>
> I have a funny feeling that this might already be available as a
> function
> (potentially called fftcorr), but can't be sure.
>
> cheers,
> David
>
> ----- Original Message ----LISTS.UMN.EDU
> Sent: Wed, 15 June, 2011 1:08:38 AM
> Subject: Re: FCS - Matlab code

> Have you looked at this? (I found it with google)
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/22358
>
> Cheers
> On 14/06/2011, at 12:27 PM, Alessandro Esposito wrote:
>
> > *****
> > To join, leave or search the confocal microscopy listserv, go to:
> > http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=confocalmicroscopy
> > *****
> >
> > Dear all,
> >    I was trying to write code for FCS analysis in Matlab, but noticed that
> > computing the ACF directly is computationally very expensive. I've read
papers

> > about the math needed to make the problem computationally efficient, but
not
> > intending to develop new FCS methods I am not that keen committing too
much
> > time into that.
> >
> > Does anyone have Matlab code for FCS analysis. If you have a toolbox
great, if

> > you have just the optimized functions to compute the correlation functions
for

> > FCS and FCCS, it will be anyway VERY helpful.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Alessandro
> > www.quantitative-microscopy.org

Dr. Sudipta Maiti