MOU-RBA Archives

June 2011

From:
"Bernard P. Friel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bernard P. Friel
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:34:45 -0600
Satellite phones will work, but having one is an invitation to use it for
non-emergency purposes, keeping you connected to the steel and concrete,
taking away from the wilderness experience and providing a certain level of
a false sense of security which can impair appropriate wilderness planning.
I do have emergency equipment with me in wilderness travel, but it is
equipment you would only use in an emergency...and also a good first aid
kit, from which in my 50 years of such travel, I have only had to use band
aids...but I think we are now getting beyond the boundaries of an MOU
discussion.=20
--=20
Bernard P. Friel
Member:
     North American Nature Photography Association
     American Society of Picture Professionals
     International Society of Aviation Photography
     The Explorers Club
Web Pages - http://www.wampy.com  ;
            http://www.wampy.com/bn   Owl Gallery
            http://www.wampy.com/bn2  Songbirds