MOU-RBA Archives

June 2011

From:
Laura Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2011 07:14:14 -0600
Off Wisconsin Point on Thursday, Steve Betchkal, Storme Nelson, a
group of birders from Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary, and I saw three
Red-throated Loons, way way out. They were far out, the light was
horrible, and one loon kept its head pointed up, so I double-checked
on my digital photos and had to do a lot of over-exposing and adding
fill light to make sure these guys were definitely Red-throated Loons
rather than cormorants, but yes, they definitely were.

Best, Laura Erickson
Duluth

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Jim Lind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Jan and Larry Kraemer saw two Red-throated Loons today (6/24/2011) at
> the east end of Brighton Beach (a.k.a. Kitchi Gammi Park) in Duluth.
> They were swimming towards the Lester River.
>
> Jim Lind
>
> ----

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

For the love, understanding, and protection of birds

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after
the winter.

            —Rachel Carson