AMSA-LIST Archives

September 2011

AMSA-LIST@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Carrie Evavold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carrie Evavold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:48:46 -0500
Hello AMSA,

My name is Rana Mohammed and I am the vice-president of Pre-Med AMSA
this year at the U of MN and we would like to invite you to our event
listed below. We hope that you can come and support this great cause!
-------

On behalf of Pre-Med American Medical Student Association and Beta Chi
Theta Fraternity, Inc. we would like to formally invite you to the
Hunger Banquet at the Great Hall in Coffman Memorial Union. The main
reason for this event is to raise money and awareness on the current
crisis in the Horn of Africa. All of the proceeds will be going to the
Feed My Starving Children organization to help provide food for those
children in need.

What we have planned is a truly unique event; bringing together
artists, speakers,  and raffles all to raise awareness regarding the
atrocious conditions across the globe.  No matter how hard we try we
will never be able to experience what these children are going through
but we can show a glimpse of there hardships and efforts to survive.

The event will take place on Monday, September 26th starting at 6 PM.
The doors will be closed at 6:30 PM and the event will last until 9:30
PM. The admission is $5 pre-sale which provides 20 meals ($0.24 per
meal) and $6 at the door. There is also an option of purchasing a $5
ticket at the door with a canned food donation. The tickets will be
sold at the contact tables in Coffman Memorial Union on September 19th
from noon to 3 pm, September 20th from 10 am to 3 pm and September
21st from noon to 3 pm. You may also contact Isa Wazirzada at
[log in to unmask], Felix Hung Lee at [log in to unmask], or Rana Mohammed
at [log in to unmask] to purchase tickets or for additional information.
Please forward this information to the rest of your student
organization and we hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Pre-Med AMSA and Beta Chi Theta Fraternity, Inc.

--
Rana Mohammed
University of Minnesota- Twin Cities