MOU-RBA Archives

November 2011

From:
"Fr. Paul Kammen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fr. Paul Kammen
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2011 22:07:55 -0600
I believe these wonderful birds nest there, but I haven't been down there this
year. I'll give them a call on Monday, but was wondering if anyone has visited this
state park recently. As far as I know, it's the only place where one can regularly
see the red headed woodpecker, unless they are common in other areas of the
Twin Cities. I took some photos a couple of years ago, but wanted to take some
more closer-up. If anyone knows if they are still there, or where there might be
some spots to find red-headed woodpeckers, I'd appreciate it. Too bad some of
their habitat has been impacted and their numbers are down - I hope they are
stabalizing and doing OK, they are a quite striking bird. I'm thinking with the
leaves gone now might be a good time to head down on a decent day to view
them.

Thanks,
Fr. Paul