MOU-RBA Archives

December 2011

From:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2011 19:01:14 -0700
This is crazy. I don't see a Snowy Owl in Morrison County for years and now there
are several. A new spot and it is an immature. On Minn 27 East of Lastrup
between 4 3/4 to 5 miles. Have not relocated but if someone is out there, try to
find it. A hunter walked up to it (very close) before it flew off.
Had reports from people on the N.E. end of Little Falls who claim a Snowy showed
up in their back yards near 606 6th street. And found another Snowy 3 miles
directly North of the one sighted near Royal Farms (on Cty 26 west of Royalton 1
mile). The Bird was a little north of the Soo Line bike trail on Hilton Road. Have to
look from road to locate. Farmer does not want people on his property. Could also
look north from the Soo Line Trail. I put an article in the Morrison County Record
asking people to report any irregular owls, hurt owls, ect. And gave them some
guidelines. Now I'm getting calls and also have contacts for rehab sites. In the
article I told people to report any poachers or people messing with the birds. A
little public awareness and I'm surprised in the responses. The general populous is
concerned about the owls welfare.  I wouldn't be finding these birds if it were not
for them.    Frank Gosiak  Little Falls,  Morrison County