MOU-RBA Archives

January 2012

From:
Heidi Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heidi Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:20:48 -0700
I got a phone call around 3:30 this afternoon from a neighbor on 190th
Street NW near 230th Ave NW in rural Warren east of Polk Co 68:  a Snowy
Owl sitting in a sunflower field.  I drove down 190th from the Audubon
Center of the Red River Valley and spotted the male Northern Harrier that's
been hanging around the Agassiz Valley impoundment, then an adult Bald
Eagle and a couple of Rough-legged Hawks.  I turned north on 230th and
there he was:  a little male Snowy almost pure white.

I stopped by my neighbor's house to thank her.  When I left an hour later,
the Snowy was sitting on a power pole, watching the sun drop behind clouds
on the horizon.

--

Heidi Hughes
Agassiz Audubon Society

218.745.5663

http://AgassizAudubon.blogspot.com <http://agassizaudubon.blogspot.com/>
http://OnLakeAgassiz.blogspot.com <http://onlakeagassiz.blogspot.com/>

*Invest in our community Bluebird Nest Watch project*
http://givemn.razoo.com/story/Bluebirds

Visit the Audubon Center of the Red River Valley
    *and the Omdahl Arboretum!*