MOU-RBA Archives

January 2012

From:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:51:05 -0700
I just received a call from a home owner who has a probable Varied Thrush in his front yard.
It is currently there and he has been trying to get photos but it is pretty active and has been eating berries near his driveway.
It was present a few days ago as well.

He lives at 17774 Blackbird Trail south of Hastings in Dakota County.
He says birders are welcome to come and look at the thrush.

I have not seen the bird myself, but he sounded like he knew his birds pretty well.

Jen Vieth
Carpenter Nature Center