MOU-RBA Archives

January 2012

From:
Anthony Hertzel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Hertzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:53:28 -0700
Minnesota birders,

As most of you know by now, there is a major Snowy Owl irruption underway across much of North America, and the MOU is trying to get a handle on its magnitude in Minnesota. If you have seen a Snowy Owl this winter -- or last fall -- we are requesting that you send an e-mail with that information to

Please include as many details as you have, but especially the date, location, and a guess at the the age of the bird (juveniles are much more heavily marked than adults).

Even if you already have submitted your observation elsewhere, such as MOU-Net, e-Bird, or the MOU seasonal reports, we are requesting that you please consider reporting it to [log in to unmask]

The compiled data will be mapped, checked for duplicates, and distilled into an article to appear in a future issue of The Loon. Your participation in the process will certainly help make the final total as accurate as is possible.

We will repost this request periodically during the next couple of months.

Thanks to everyone for helping us out.

Anthony Hertzel