MOU-RBA Archives

March 2012

Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2012 10:50:36 -0600
Yesterday I checked Greater White-fronted off my Washington nemesis list.  They were in 2 locations - a flooded field on 50th S (Dale) just west of Manning, and east of Woodbury Dr.  The farm house and paddock are right by the road, so I've always hesitated posting this site, which floods every year.  The other location is 80th S immediately East of St. Croix Trail.  The road has no shoulders and view can be hard.  In that same location were two Snow Geese.  Both locations also boasted many Cackling and Can. Geese.  The most numerous duck after Mallard were N. Pintails.  One GW Teal, one pair of Wood Ducks, one RN Duck and one Am. Wigeon rounded out the ducks.

Also near 80th and St. Croix Trail I had a delightfully close look at a Golden Eagle slowing wending tis way North.  There was a definite push of raptors to the North .

Also seen were Lapland Longspurs and (oddly for me anyway) a small flock of Common Redpolls in the fields along 100th.

Linda