MOU-RBA Archives

April 2012

From:
John Hockema <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Hockema <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2012 05:48:53 -0600
4/22/2012

Greetings All:

Sorry for the belated posting.  Herb Dingmann found two first county records yesterday, a Say's Phoebe near Preston and a White-winged Dove in Lewiston.  The Say's Phoebe was found around 12:15 pm at the pond 2.5 miles south and 1 mile east of Preston in Fillmore County.  The phoebe was seen by several observers up until about 3:00 pm when it disappeared.

Herb later found a White-winged Dove in Lewiston around 4:30 pm north of the water tower at the community services center.  The dove was relocated by Chris Benson around 6:30 pm briefly near the intersection of Williams and Rice streets.  It was seen for a period of maybe five minutes by four observers.  The bird again disappeared, and to my knowledge, was never refound.

I am aware that there will be at least four observers looking for the dove this morning.  If I hear that the phoebe or dove are relocated, I will post as soon as possible.

I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies in this posting.

John Hockema
Rochester, MN