WEBSTANDARDS Archives

April 2012

WEBSTANDARDS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
"Layon, Kristofer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UofMN Web Standards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 08:37:55 -0500
Lots of creative ideas and thoughts about QR codes, especially this one.  But an important question remains: how often are they used?  Or, are they ever used?

I have never, *ever* observed a person scanning a QR code in the wild, despite the codes being quite common.  And this is in a world where you don't need to go walking for more than 10 seconds to encounter someone using their smartphone.  But not to scan QR codes.  Just an observation.

Kris

http://www.kristoferlayon.com
http://twitter.com/klayon