MOU-RBA Archives

May 2012

From:
Matt Dufort <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Dufort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2012 13:28:25 -0600
Hi all,

I and several other birders were at Marsh Lake Park behind the
Bloomington Ice Gardens this morning.  As far as I know, no one saw a
Cattle Egret.  The place was full of birds, though, with some highlights
including calling American Bittern, Philadelphia Vireo, 13 warblers
including Wilson's and Parula, Sedge Wren, and several Lincoln's Sparrows.

I also stopped by the Cliff Fen Park access to the Black Dog unit of
Minnesota Valley NWR.  Biggest surprise was an early Bell's Vireo,
actively singing and apparently on territory.  Plenty of migrants there,
too, including a nice flock of White-throated, White-crowned, and
Harris's Sparrows.

Good birding,

Matt Dufort
Minneapolis