MOU-RBA Archives

May 2012

From:
Bill Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2012 21:44:58 -0600
Five were seen on 5/8/12 on the north east side of the Agassiz Valley
Impoundment along the Marshall and Polk County border by myself, Katie Haws
(MN DNR Nongame) and Lee Pfannmuller and Mark Martell of Minnesota Audubon.
The
birds were no longer present on 5/9/12. I am assuming they were blown in by
the
storm.  Range was between 30 and 40 yards.

We also had a single Bonaparte's Gull and American White Pelican at the
impoundment.  Upland Sandpiper was heard

5 American Bitterns were seen at Goose Lake IBA (Pennington), Sedge Wrens,
Soras, Marsh Wrens, and a Virginia Rail were heard

1 Peregrine Falcon at the Euclid East Impoundment 2 miles east of Euclid

Bobolinks, Least Flycatchers, Wilson's Phalaropes, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks,
Soras, Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, and many warblers have returned to the
area

5/9 at the Agassiz Valley Impoundment:
Western Willet
Least Sandpiper
Dunlin
Marbled Godwit
Lesser Yellowlegs
Greater Yellowlegs
Killdeer
Wilson's Phalarope
American Pipit

At Audubon Center:
Cape May Warbler
Orange-crowned Warbler

Birds for 5/10 at the Audubon Center south of Warren:
Canada Goose
Mallard
Wood Duck
Blue-winged Teal