MOU-RBA Archives

May 2012

From:
Kim R Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim R Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2012 13:20:30 -0600
A group of 7 Whimbrels was on the beach on the L Superior side of Park
Point this morning, ~2 blocks N of the 43rd St bus turn-around. Also
of note with them was a lone Willet, for a respectable total of 12
shorebird species in all at Park Point, with the sandbars on the S
side of Hearding Island on the bay side at 19th St also having a good
variety of species this morning.

On the other hand, Larry & Jan Kraemer and I could only manage to turn
up 8 warbler species in the bus turn-around/Southworth Marsh area of
Park Point, despite the light intermittent rain showers this morning:
such weather in late May often produces 20 or more warbler species here.

The Kraemers continued birding there after I left the area, so perhaps
they or other birders will be able to add to these numbers this
afternoon.  -Kim

Kim R Eckert
http://www.mbwbirds.com