MOU-RBA Archives

September 2012

From:
Bob Butson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Butson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 15:33:38 -0600
I've gotten some questions about where to find this Solitaire, so here's
some clarification:

This area can be accessed from Highway 169 in the Cities by taking the
Plymouth Avenue exit. Take a left at the General Mills sign, follow the
driveway up the hill, and keep left. When you reach a stop sign on the west
side of the building, continue (through a few successive stop signs) until
you reach a large parking lot on the north side of the building. At the far
north end of this parking lot is an entrance to the "North 40"

Once you access the trailhead through the gate, take a right.  The basic
structure of the trail here is a figure-8.  There are a few trails leading
off of this 8 pattern - ignore them.  When you reach a clearing with a
large stand of bushes and a single evergreen (cedar?) tree, you're in the
right place.  We've seen the Solitaire in this area yesterday and today.
 If you see a flock of Waxwings, you're probably close.

Bob Butson