MOU-RBA Archives

September 2012

From:
Scott Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:04:52 -0600
I spent this evening at Purgatory Creek Wetlands in Edin Prairie with no
success in finding the Sabine's Gull reported by Connie Brunell on Friday.
There were about 125 Ring-billed Gulls, 16 Caspian Terns and 1 Franklin's
Gull present. Shorebirds were limited to 1 Baird's Sandpiper, 2 peeps and
numerous Killdeer. It was an enjoyable evening spent with another birder
named Josh, one woman who chastised me for looking at Gulls rather than the
Bald Eagle eating a fish in front of us and numerous people who thought I
was there looking for American White Pelicans.
Scott B. Meyer
Hennepin

Purgatory Creek wetland, Hennepin, US-MN
Sep 24, 2012 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
22 species (+1 other taxa)