]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MOU-RBA Home

MOU-RBA  September 2012

MOU-RBA September 2012

[mou-net] Mississippi Kite, Swainson's Hawk, shorebirds & more (past week) pictures

Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>

Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:16:25 -0600

Tuesday morning I led a hike for the Duluth Audubon Society. We met near
the end of Park Point and enjoyed the morning hours, where many fun birds
were seen! After the Duluth Audubon Society bird hike, I met up with a
couple from the cities and guided them around until late that afternoon. We
started at Park Point, and ended at Sax-Zim Bog. It was a exciting day to
be out birding! The eBird list (below) shows the total birds observed from
the end of Park Point, taking into account both birding hikes (Audubon hike
and personal birding tour) that morning. A good number of Lapland Longspurs
were passing through that morning. We also got stellar looks of
Black-bellied Plovers standing next to American Golden Plovers!

*Here are some photos from Monday and Tuesday along Park Point*

Palm Warbler
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164489

American Golden Plover with Sanderlings
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164486
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164474

American Golden Plover & Black-bellied Plover
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164471
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164472

Black-bellied Plover
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164480

Baird's Sandpiper
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164479

Magnolia Warbler
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164484

*Hawk Ridge photos from this past week*

Mississippi Kite (a lifer for me!)
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164459
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164461

Swainson's Hawk (in-flight as well as in-hand).
Kudos to Hawk Ridge bander Nova Mackently for banding this bird!
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164465
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164464
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164462

Blue Jay
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164456

Cooper's Hawk
http://www.pbase.com/image/146164457

In case you're interested in attending next week's Duluth Audubon Society
hike, we'll meet at 7am at the recreation parkinglot near the end of Park
Point.
Also, in addition to Jaegerfest being held at Wisconsin Point this weekend,
there is a Birds and Beers taking place this Saturday as well (Sir
Benedict's, starting at 6pm). All are welcome. Hope to see you there!

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Birding Tours and Bird photography
www.naturallyavian.com