MOU-RBA Archives

November 2012

From:
Shawn Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2012 06:56:04 -0700
I am excited to report that a female Varied Thrush is visiting my feeders
this morning.  I have only seen this species on a few occasions, but there
seems to be a couple of common denominators when I've seen them--white
cedars in the yard and homeowners who put seed on the ground...take that
for what little it's worth.

Does anyone know the preferred feed of Varied Thrushes?  I've heard cracked
corn, but that seems unusual for a thrush.

Shawn Conrad
Itasca County