MOU-RBA Archives

November 2012

From:
Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2012 12:09:33 -0700
At 11:00 am on Sunday morning, James Schultz found a snowy owl in Maple Grove.  It was at Co. Rd. 30 and Duffney Rd.  On the north side there is a farm (20400 Co Rd. 30) and a large plowed field.  It was sitting in the field being accosted by crows.  It then flew behind the farm buildings and alighted on a piece of farm machinery.

James emailed me a photo of the bird - a female - he got a nice picture.  I didn't see the email until Monday morning, as it was sent to my work.  One of our refuge volunteers was down there yesterday looking for the bird, and spent several hours, but didn't see it, so it may have moved.

I apologize for not posting for James right away yesterday.  We'll look forward to more reports on this bird if it's refound!

Betsy Beneke
Sherburne NWR