MOU-RBA Archives

December 2012

From:
linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:16:29 -0700
Thanks to Bob Jantzen, Dave Cahlander, and Leslie Marcus, we were able to
see the Glaucous Gull on Lake Harriet this afternoon. Lacking a functional
scope made it extremely difficult for us to find the bird in the huge flock
that was bunched in the middle of the lake. We had gone in hopes of seeing
the easier Greater Black-backed Gull, which evidently was elsewhere, but
we're thankful our fellow birders shared both skills and scope to help us
see the Glaucous.

There was an assortment of other waterfowl present also, including
Trumpeter Swans, C. golden-eye,C. Merganser, N. Shoveler, and Blue-winged
Teal.
Linda Whyte