MOU-RBA Archives

December 2012

From:
Laura Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2012 09:50:16 -0700
During the Duluth Christmas Bird Count, Janet Riegle found a Varied
Thrush in our count area in the Lakeside neighborhood, in a crabapple
tree at bit west of Oakley and 47th. At the time at midday, our group
was split up. Janet and I reconnected about 2:30 and we found the
thrush, which which gave me quite marginal but identifiable photos
which I posted on flickr. One of the photos is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauraerickson/8276421570/

-
Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

For the love, understanding, and protection of birds

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after
the winter.

            —Rachel Carson