MOU-RBA Archives

January 2013

From:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 11:22:41 -0700
Over the past two days David La Puma, Jessica Gorzo, Max Henschell, Lars
Pomara and I have been scouting around the Twin Ports and beyond for the
upcoming Brrrrdathon. We explored Wisconsin Point and Canal Park two days
ago, with relatively quiet gullwatching experiences. Sometimes the gulls
are just tricky to come by, but we did have several Glaucous Gulls and a
Thayer's Gull at the Superior Landfill, as well as a large raft of
Red-breasted Mergansers seen from Lot 1 (Wisconsin Point). The drake
Barrow's Goldeneye was seen at the Superior Entry, from the Wisconsin side.

Yesterday we visited Sax-Zim Bog, and got to see a Northern Hawk Owl as
well as Pine Grosbeaks, Gray Jays, a Northern Shrike and more! Below are
some photos from the past two days of scouting for the Brrrrdathon. More
pictures to come from the upcoming fundraiser!
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/brrrrdathon_2013

Northern Hawk Owl from yesterday
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/148249982

Male Barrow's Goldeneye from two days ago
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/148249976

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Birding Tours and Bird Photography
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)